Sadly, I didn’t read as many complete books as I wanted to in 2014, but we’ll see if I can do better this year. It’s not that I don’t read, I read about a bunch of sites and follow some fanfic. Sadly many of my favorite authors have shuffled of this coil or have jumped the shark, and it’s harder to find new ones I like as much. With all that, I want to read at least one novel a month. Though I plan to write SF/F, I read other genres too for relaxation.
- Stormborn, a fanfic I have been following for a long time. (thumbs up)
- The Moon Maze Game (Dream Park #4) Niven & Barnes
- Komarr ( Vorkosigan Saga) McMaster Bujold [thumbs up] reread
- The Night Circus, glorious imagery, story grim
- War Maid’s Choice by Weber, good — but a bit dark
- Bujold binge rereads of: DreamWeaver’s Dilemma, The Warrior’s Apprentice, The Vor Game, Memory, Komarr, A Civil Campaign, Diplomatic Immunity, Cryoburn. not in that order and some like Vor Game & Memory.more than once. A few others were misplaced.
- Started the Black Count, but it’s something you read in smaller pieces
I’m going to shift to more detailed reviews now, because I find it more interesting to figure out why something works or fails. After all, I want to avoid the fails, too.